Matiss Kivlenieks Net Worth – Matiss Kivlenieks was on the brink of committing suicide. He seemed cheerful and optimistic, and all indications pointed to a bright hockey future for the Latvian goalie, who is 24 years old.
Kivlenieks said in what turned out to be his last interview on June 29 that he was still proud of his rise with the Blue Jackets and subsequent triumph representing his native nation in the men’s world championship.
“The past two years have been fantastic,” Kivlenieks said after a ride-along with IndyCar driver Alex Rossi at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
Matiss Kivlenieks Net Worth
- Kivlenieks, however, will never get the opportunity to prove it, since he was killed in a fireworks accident in Michigan on Sunday.
- The goalkeeper whose grin light up many rooms passed away, leaving a trail of sorrow for family, friends, teammates, and coaches, not to mention a blossoming NHL career.
- The Associated Press reports that three 911 calls were placed in connection with Kivlenieks’ death, which is being examined as an accident. Kivlenieks was 24 years old.
- “Hey, we have someone who was injured by fireworks,” a female 911 operator said after Kivlenieks was struck at around 10 p.m. during a backyard party in Novi, Michigan.
- “Are you available to come here immediately?” He is still breathing. We have a nurse on staff. He is breathing, but not very well.”
- Another caller said that the goalie was “on the verge of convulsions” after the collision.
Kivlenieks appeared in eight Blue Jackets games over the last two seasons, including the last two this season. He defeated the Detroit Red Wings in overtime in the season finale at Nationwide Arena and subsequently advanced to the men’s world championship in Riga, Latvia.
Latvia failed not to go to the quarterfinals, although Kivlenieks was a standout performer. He appeared in four games, recording a 2.18 goals-against average and.922 saving percentage, and his 38 saves were crucial in Latvia’s first-ever win against Canada, a 2-0 shutout.
At a hospital, Kivlenieks was declared dead. An autopsy conducted Monday determined that he died as a result of chest trauma, with significant damage to his heart and lungs.